Poll 01/08/2019 – 31/08/2019
The Type II Endoleak
Age: 68 years old
Comorbidity: Arterial hypertension, active smoker
Underwent EVAR 2 years ago
DUS/CT A: Aneurysm sac growth > 7mm compared to last CT scan with evidence of type II Endoleak (Inferior mesenteric artery)
Do you consider type II endoleaks after EVAR a major complication?
Would you perform a lumbar or mesenteric artery embolization prior to EVAR in order to reduce the risk for a type II endoleak?
Which is your main criterion for the treatment of an asymptomatic type II endoleak
- Aneurysm sac growth more than 10 mm
- Aneurysm sac growth more than 5 mm
- Persistence more than 6 months
- I would never treat an asymptomatic type II endoleak
Which would be your primary treatment option for an asymptomatic type II endoleak?
Which would be your primary endovascular strategy for an asymptomatic type II endoleak?
- Transarterial embolization
- Transcaval embolization
- Embolization with puncture of the aneurysm sac
Would you treat a postoperative type II endoleak in case of a ruptured aneurysm?