Angio-Seal™ VIP – Vascular Closure Device
Angio-Seal is a medical device indicated for use in closing and reducing time to hemostasis at the femoral arterial puncture site in patients who have undergone diagnostic angiography procedures or interventional procedures (minimal artery diameter of 4mm). The 6F Angio-Seal device is for closure after usage of a 6 French or smaller procedural sheath, while the 8F Angio-Seal device is for closure after usage of an 8 French or smaller procedural sheath.
Why to use it
• Insertion Sheath
• Arteriotomy Locator
• 6F (2.0 mm) – 0.035 in. (0.89 mm) Guidewire with J-Straightener or 8F (2.7 mm) – 0.038 in. (0.96 mm) Guidewire with J-Straightener
• Angio-Seal consists of 3 bioabsorbable components: anchor, collagen, and suture
• 10 units per box
• Single use, one year shelf life after sterilization
• Sterilized by gamma radiation. Do not re-sterilize
• Available in select markets
Storage, packaging and disposal:
• Should be stored in a cool location (between 15°C and 25 °C)
• Contains resorbable materials that degrade by exposure to heat and moisture; therefore, the device may not be resterilized
• Sterile and non-pyrogenic in unopened and undamaged package
• Dispose of contaminated units, components, and packaging materials utilizing standard hospital procedures and universal
precautions for biohazardous waste.
Technical drawing legend
|Hemostatic collagen sponge
For additional information regarding specification, please visit the Terumo Website.