Metacross® RX- PTA Balloon Dilatation Catheter
Advance your approach to exceptional performance
Metacross RX is a percutaneous transluminal angioplasty (PTA) balloon dilatation catheter for peripheral indications.
Why to use it
Better handling by design^1
Essential improvements in efficiency and control with Rapid Exchange^1
* Enables fast, convenient exchange of devices^1
* Supports the use of short guidewires^2
* Encourages procedural efficiency, reducing potentially fluoroscopy time^3 and radiation time^2
* Optimizes control allowing a single operator to perform the procedure^2
End-to-end^4 performance with less effort^4
Better pushability results demonstrated with innovative catheter design^4
* Engineered for maximizing pushability with a well-designed shaft and stiff tapered core wire
* Effective transition of force from proximal to distal end for efficient lesion crossing
1. Compared to conventional over-the-wire technique. Jahnke T et al. Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol. 2008 Sep-Oct;31(5):854-9. Epub 2007 Aug 21.
2. Muller-Hulsbeck. Rapid Exchange system – what are the benefits? Leipzig Interventional Course 2010.
3. Compared to conventional over-the-wire systems. Linnemeier T.J. et al. Catheterization and cardiovascular diagnosis 30(1), 11-14.
4. Tested against select over-the-wire competitors. Data on file. Terumo Medical Corporation – METACROSS RX Product Info 20150911
For additional information regarding specification, please visit the Terumo Website.