Philips AngioSculpt focal force scoring balloon catheter
Focal force scoring balloon catheter
As a company striving for leadership in health technology, we believe that innovation can improve people’s health and healthcare outcomes, as well as making care more accessible and affordable. At Philips, it is our goal to improve the lives of 3 billion people a year by 2030, including 400 million in underserved healthcare communities. Guided by our vision of making the world healthier and more sustainable through innovation, it is our strategy to lead with innovative solutions in key markets along the health continuum – helping our customers deliver on the Quadruple Aim (better health outcomes, a better experience for patients and staff, lower cost of care) and helping people take better care of their health at every stage of life.
Why to use it
Designed specifically to address complex lesions found in infrainguinal arteries, the AngioSculpt PTA scoring balloon catheter offers 360˚ of precise and effective dilatation. AngioSculpt delivers a unique combination of controlled, effective dilatation and predictable device safety.
Precision: Edges lock in for minimal slippage
Power: ~15 – 25x scoring force
Safety: ~1x force post scoring for low dissection rate
1. Kiesz RS, Scheinert D, Peeters PJ, et al. Results from the international registry of the AngioSculpt Scoring Balloon Catheter for the treatment of infrapopliteal disease. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2008;51:10 (suppl B);75.
2. Scheinert D, Peeters P, Bosiers M, et al. Results of the multicenter first-in-man study of a novel scoring balloon catheter for the treatment of infra-popliteal peripheral arterial disease. Catheter Cardiovasc Interv. 2007;70:1034-1039.
3. AngioSculpt Test Plan ST-1197 (2008), on file at AngioScore, Inc.
4. Fonseca A, Costa JR, Abizaid A, et al. Intravascular ultrasound assessment of the novel AngioSculpt Scoring Balloon Catheter for the treatment of complex coronary lesions. J Invasive Cardiol. 2008;20:21-27.
5. Bosiers et al, Use of the AngioSculpt Scoring Balloon for Infrapopliteal Lesions in Patients with Critical Limb Ischemia: 1-year Outcome Vascular, Vol. 17. No. 1, pp. 29-35. 2009.
6. MASCOT Presented at Veith 2009 (NYC, NY) and CRT 2010 (Washington, DC).
Please refer to product labeling, including the Instructions For Use, to select the appropriate device size.